"My artwork can best be described as 'Classical Representational'. I do not seek to change what is, but to paint and present it as I perceive it at the time. I strive to create a painting that shows the beauty and character of the landscape and all within.
My landscapes are painted from life whenever possible and any wildlife added is studied and photographed by myself. The goal is to capture scenes in the hope that others will see and appreciate the land we have today."
"Kraft Azalea Gardens"
16x12, Oil on Linen (568)
"Train/Rose Station W.P. FL"
4x12, Oil on Cavas (637)
2x6, Oil on Copper (644)
"Winter Park Tree/Park Avenue"
6x2, Oil on Copper (649)
"Sunset at Hillside"
7x5, Oil on Canvas (700)
"Park Avenue Walkway"
7x2, Oil on Copper (747)
"Park Ave Park"
5x7, Oil on Copper (748)
"Nocturne - Kraft Azaela"
5x5, Oil on Canvas (749)
7x2, Oil on Copper (768)
"Kraft Azaela "
12x12, Oil on Canvas (783)
Elisabeth Ferber was born in Belleville, Illinois but spent most of her adult life in Central Florida. Born of artistic parents and having spent much of her childhood in Europe, Elisabeth was exposed to a very classical art background which in turn influenced her current style.
She studied at the Liliedahl school of oil painting in Houston, Texas first as a student and then going back to get her teaching certificate in fine art. Along the way, she attended workshops out west with Master artists such as Scott Christianson, Paco Young, Matt Smith, John Banovich, Terry Isacc and Gregg Kreutz.
Elisabeth currently travels and participates in 7-10 plein-air paint-outs throughout Florida. Next year she is including events out of state and Europe. Each event lasts from 7 to 10 days, and are open to the public to watch and interact with approximately 30 artists as paintings are created. This ends with a gala to raise funds for a charitable or environmental organization.
Her personal goal is to travel and paint every state in the United States.
Elisabeth is a member of the Oil Painters of America, Plein Air Florida & the Central Florida Plein Air Artists. Elisabeth's paintings have been purchased by Corporations such as SunTrust, First Federal, Leu Gardens, Epcot and clients as far as England and Alaska.
Awards and Exhibitions
- Hancomm Co - Korean advertising agency -a subsidiary of Korea's Hanhwa corp - just signed contract to allow marketing usage of my artwork for 2013.
- The Landscape Show - Orlando/Orange Cnty Conv Center - Poster artist representing Leu Gardens Sept 2012. Sponsored by FNGLA FL Nursery, Growers Lands.
- 2013 calendar/artist for New Smyrna Beach/Canaveral. Also was the Cover artist for 2011 Canaveral Natl Seashore Paint-Out.
- June 2012 - Contributed to "Pop-Up Piano" fundraiser for Steinway by helping paint a piano and raise money for the arts.
- Published in "Along the Wekiva" by Jim Robison available at Barnes and Noble. Also listed In "Best of Best Oil Painters" by Kennedy Publishing.