"Painting allows me to express my intimate connection to the land. My paintings are windows into the world that share the beauty, peace and serenity I find in the timeless beauty of nature.
Artwork from the 2011 Paint Out
"Winter Park Country Club"
11x14, Oil on Linen on Board (357)
16x12, Oil on Canvas Board (275)
"The Wedding Chapel"
11x14, Oil on Linen on Board (358)
"Night on the Avenue"
20x16, Oil on Canvas on Board (359)
"Through the Garden Gate"
12x9, Oil on Linen Board (396)
"Sunset at Hillstone"
12x9, Oil on Linen Board (397)
"Polasek Garden View"
16x20, Oil on Canvas Board (437)
Brenda Hofreiter is noted for her clean use of color, powerful compositions and her ability to capture the scene before her with an authentic sense of place. Painting almost exclusively out of doors, or 'en plein air', she paints the wetlands and tidal marshes of her native Florida as well as vanishing natural areas of the southern US.
She is a passionate conservationist, and has been selected by jury as Artist-In-Residence at State parks in Florida, South Carolina and Georgia and her artwork is included in their permanent collections. Her artwork is also included in Maitland Art Center's permanent art collection. Brenda's original oil paintings have also been juried into numerous international, national, and regional competitions and are included in corporate collections. Brenda has been awarded Signature membership in International Plein Air Painters, the American Impressionist Society, and Plein Air Florida.
Awards and Exhibitions
- "Paint the Town 2011", Juried Exhibition - Gallery at Avalon Island, Orlando, FL
- "Creations of Tide and Time: The Barrier Islands" - 3 Person Exhibition - The Florida Museum of Natural History, Gainesville, FL
- "Small Works Show" - Fredland Gallery, Winter Park, FL
- Work by Brenda Hofreiter has appeared in Orlando Magazine, Winter Park Magazine and Deland Magazine (cover artist)
- 2011 Paint Outs - Wekiva Invitational Paint out, Winter Park Paint Out, Canaveral National Seashore Paint Out