"During my honeymoon in Key West, I realized that I had found my spiritual home in Florida, with it's bright colors and intense light. Plein air painting is my preferred method of painting, as I feel there is no better way to capture the hidden colors of the scenery. I feel I am in communion with nature when painting in Plein Air. It is there that I find peace and tranquility and I hope to communicate they joy I feel with the person who views my work."
"Houston's Dock at Sunset"
9x12, Acrylic on Linen (173)
34x15, Acrylic on Linen (199)
24x18, Oil on Canvas (59)
"The Tree of Life"
36x24, Acrylic on Linen (126)
30x22, Acrylic (238)
Leaving his native France in 2003, Christophe arrived in Florida, where he decided to fulfill his dream of pursuing a full-time art career. Primarily a self-taught artist, he enriched his skills by studying at the Beaux-Arts Academy in Troyes, as well as with well-known local artists in Florida. Christophe uses the French Impressionist palette and Pointillist technique to interpret the inspiration he finds in nature, and the Golden Ratio to create the composition in his landscapes.
In addition to painting, Christophe is an instructor in acrylics/oils. He is also invited regularly to give demonstrations on his techniques and to share his knowledge of color theory. He loves giving workshops in France. His award winning paintings can be found in both private and corporate collections throughout the United States and Europe.
Awards and Exhibitions
- Award of Excellence, International Exhibit, Sierra Pastel Society, El Dorado Hills, California
- 1st Honorable Mention, Oil Pastel Society of Maine
- 1st Place, The Eastern Shore Art Association, Fairhope, Alabama
- Purchase Award for the corporate collection of Walt Disney World, Festival of the Masters, Orlando, Florida
- Upcoming exhibition at the New Century Artist, Inc. Gallery in New York City with the World Tour of Contemporary Landscape Artists